The University of Colorado Graduate Periodontics Program DOES NOT participate in ADEA/PASS or MATCH Programs. To apply, please follow the guidelines below.
The number of applicants accepted varies each year based upon positions available and Commission on Dental Accreditation limitations. Candidates should possess strong academic credentials. Applicants must submit a completed application by July
1 in order to be considered for admission for the next year. The application process is forever evolving during this time and you will be notified after July 1st of the next steps. Upon acceptance, a $3,000 deposit is required to hold
your position. This deposit will be applied toward tuition.
- Completed Postgraduate Periodontics Program Application
- Regents Questionnaire
- Official transcript in a sealed envelope from each college/university attended. International transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited foreign credentialing service. If your college/university can send official transcripts via email,
these will be accepted going forward.
- National Board Examination scores (official report or certified copy) that can be sent via email.
- Curriculum vitae
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters can be sent via email from the person who is recommending you.
- Application fee of $50.00 sent via check. Please make the check out to “Graduate Periodontics Program.”
More detailed information can be found on the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) website.
Additional Documents Required (If Applicable):
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores: Required for all applicants who graduated from a dental school not accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation or schools that do not rank or provide grades. GRE scores taken more than five (5)
years before the application date will not be accepted. For GRE scores, please use the institution code 7209.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores: Required for international applicants. TOEFL tests taken more than two (2) years prior to the date of application will not be accepted. For TOEFL scores, please use the institution code B785.
- Permanent Resident Green Card: If an applicant is now a permanent resident of the United States, the applicant must provide their full, legal name as it appears on immigration documents and a certified copy of the front and back of their federal
Applications can be sent via email (preferred method) or mailed to:
University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
Postdoctoral Program in Periodontics
Mail Stop F-850
13065 E. 17th Avenue (For FED-EX/UPS, include Room 104D)
Aurora, CO 80045
Applications will be updated in your file at the beginning of every month as long as we have your application in hand. We will reach out by the 5th of each month leading to the deadline to verify that your application is complete or if there is anything missing. If we do not have your application, no update will be given. Thank you for your patience on this.
Questions? Please contact Alyssa Russo, Residency Coordinator, at (303) 724-6243 or email@example.com.